How to make a professional-looking anthropomorphic taxidermy mouse, step by step. Please don’t watch if it upsets you. I use frozen feeder mice and donate the bodies to my local Wildcare center, if it makes any difference.
• You’ll find frozen feeder mice at most pet shops that sell reptiles and other live animals. I use the size “Large Adult”.
You can find most of the supplies at any Craft store, like Michaels.
• A little bit of Super Sculpey (If you don’t want to buy the big box, any white or flesh-colored polymer clay will do.
• Two black beads 6/0 size E for the eyes
• A sewing needle, smallish
• White sewing thread
• White foam from the flower arrangement section of the craft store
• A coarse rasp
• Sand paper
• A little bit of Borax, from the detergent section of the supermarket
• An X-Acto knife, with a spare blade
• Needle nose pliers
• An acid brush, or soft toothbrush
• Wire (gauge 20 for the legs, 24 for the arms and neck, even thinner for the tail)
• Tiny bit of Polyester fill for the tail
• Flat piece of wood with two holes for the feet
I’m happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comment section.
Visit my Website to see the finished mice in costume:
Shop on Etsy:
Like me on Facebook: